Your last chance to cuff this season!

Provided by: J Cirillo

Holding her poster with a pun, Jenna Cirillo asked her boyfriend Alex Santiago to Winterbash. Today is Valentine’s Day, which is your last chance to romantically ask someone out to the dance!

Margaux Hunter, Editorials Editor

Today is Valentines Day, but do not fret if you do not have someone to spend the day with because Millbrook’s winter formal is tomorrow, and it is Sadie Hawkins. That means girls traditionally ask the fellas to the dance. So, guys, the pressure is off, and girls, now is your chance to tell your crush how you really feel, promposal style.

The theme of the dance will be “Millbrook Gala,” with a red carpet greeting you as you walk in, golden streamers, bows, and other decorations, finished up with spotlights. The dance will be held in Millbrook’s cafeteria from 9 pm to 11 pm. Chick-fil-a will be catering, so you can fill up on all the nuggets your heart desires. There will also be cookies, brownies, lemonade, and water.

Winterbash is Millbrook’s winter formal dance, so dress up, but you do not have to rent a tux or buy a floor-length ball gown. Today is the last day for Millbrook students to romantically ask their significant others to the dance, and honestly, what better day to ask than Valentines Day? Go get your poster board and think of your cheesy, one-sentence question, complete with a small gift that plays into the (optional) pun. Junior Jenna Cirillo commented, “Winterbash lets you dress up and have fun for one night and try to forget about school and just enjoy the people you see every day. My favorite part was making a poster and being creative with how I asked Alex to the dance.”

Another creative way to ask your special someone to the dance is go to their house, ring the doorbell (old-fashioned is in style right now), and ask their parents if they can go with you to the dance. Or, if you want to take a more modern spin, you could simply text (or Instagram direct message) them and ask if they are already going to the dance. If they are, ask to meet up; if they are not, ask them to go with you.

There are many ways to ask someone to the dance, and no matter the option you choose, just remember that going with your friends will probably be more fun anyway.