NCSU student car found with ammo

The+campus+of+North+Carolina+State+University+has+a+population+of+over+34%2C000+students.+Both+students+and+faculty+have+both+praised+the+mother+of+the+identified+student+for+preventing+any+future+incidents.+

commons.wikimedia.org

The campus of North Carolina State University has a population of over 34,000 students. Both students and faculty have both praised the mother of the identified student for preventing any future incidents.

Ilene Anthony, Staff Reporter

On March 13, police officers got a search warrant to search the car of North Carolina State University student, Christian Dorr, which was located in the Dan Allen Drive parking deck. Firearms, multiple rounds of ammunition, gun attachments and hearing protectors were taken by officers, due to the concerns of the well-being of the student, as well as safety on campus. The week before, the student’s mother took him to get a mental check up due to multiple prior incidents. The mother disclosed to police that her son had purchased three firearms within the last three weeks. Students from NCSU told Eyewitness News that when these incidents happen, all they can think of is the worst case scenario and are worried about their safety.  Students and officers are grateful for the mother reporting the assault rifles which may have prevented any future incidents. Charges on the student for having guns on campus, however, are yet to be determined.