MHS Men’s Basketball in a nutshell

MHS Men’s Basketball in a nutshell

Waiting at the basket, junior Sam Hood prepares to shoot a free throw. His contributions to the Men’s Basketball Team helped them go undefeated this season!

E. Moesta

E. Moesta

E. Moesta

Grayson McClendon, Sports Editor

The Men’s Basketball Team had an unforgettable season to say the least. Accomplishment after accomplishment, award after award, the team can safely say that they have made Millbrook history. With some of the strongest players in the state, the guys finished their conference season undefeated and made it all the way to the 4A Eastern Regional Championship. Led by Coach Davis, who was named a finalist for MaxPreps’ National Basketball Coach of the Year and the Cap-7 Coach of the Year award, the team had great leadership that helped them along this journey.

An overall record of 27-2 could not have happened without the amazing talent and skill that came with the players. Seven of these men were given the Cap-7 All Conference Awards: sophomore Will Felton, juniors Adam Carey, Sam Hood, and Nolan Dorsey, as well as seniors Isaiah Lewis, Collin Lewis, and Phillip Burwell. There were also many other coaches, players, and managers that made this season unforgettable. Junior and starter Sam Hood is very confident about his team and their potential. When asked about how they played against 71st high school he stated, “I am always expecting to win because I know no team is better than our team. I think we played hard and gave it our all. We started off slow, and we weren’t really making our shots and then towards the end of the game they started to fall when we needed them.”

Shoutout to the Men’s Basketball team for all of their achievements and for packing the den almost every week since December. With the last-second shot from Isaiah Lewis to win the game at the beginning of the season, to the crazy comeback during the 71st game, Millbrook had a lot of tricks up their sleeves and a lot of talent in their bags. Just wait until next season…