Millbrook cancels the IB Diploma Programme

Celebrating+the+many+years+of+success+the+IB+Diploma+Programme+has+brought+Millbrook+students%2C+the+display+case+in+the+lobby+represents+years+of+academic+excellence.+Even+as+the+programme+reaches+the+end+of+its+time+at+Millbrook%2C+students+and+staff+will+continue+to+reminisce+fondly+of+their+days+in+the+program+for+years+to+come.+

M.Cargile

Celebrating the many years of success the IB Diploma Programme has brought Millbrook students, the display case in the lobby represents years of academic excellence. Even as the programme reaches the end of its time at Millbrook, students and staff will continue to reminisce fondly of their days in the program for years to come.

Maggie Cargile, Staff Reporter

This morning, the Millbrook administration has made the difficult decision to disband the IB Diploma Programme, with the Class of 2019 being the final graduating DP class. The decision was determined based off of a number of troubling factors including lack of student interest, budget cuts, and low test scores from current IB students. The news has been met with a frenzy of panicked students and teachers, scrambling to make a plan for their remaining years at Millbrook without the IB Programme.

Current IB students, originally a part of the IB Diploma Class of 2020, are being offered the options to apply for a transfer to another IB school in order to finish their studies or to simply take different courses at Millbrook. The same applies for those scheduled to begin the program in the fall and graduate with the Class of 2021. As a result of the sudden change, most IB teachers will be in search of new jobs in June.

There has been a mix of reactions from current IB students in response to the news. Many current IB juniors appear to be relieved at the fact that they will no longer have to endure the stress placed on them by the program. However, at the same time many students worry about the remainder of their time at Millbrook now that they no longer have a stable plan. More details about what the change will mean for students will be available at a later date, and administration has asked for your patience and understanding as they continue to smooth everything out.

Thanks for reading until the end of this article. April Fools!