Canes are back

Canes are back

Looking onto the ice, captain Justin Williams was a crucial part of the team's success this season. The Canes face off against the Washington Capitals tonight in their first playoff game in over 10 years.

army.mil

army.mil

army.mil

Robbie Cicciari, Editor-in-Chief

For the first time in ten years, the Carolina Hurricanes have qualified for the NHL’s Stanley Cup Playoffs, and tonight they will play their first game. Fans across the state are ecstatic at this news. Senior Ryan Burkey explained, “After following this team closely for so many years of mediocracy, there is no better feeling than watching them make it!” The team made the playoffs with a record of 46-29-7, earning them 99 points on the year and the first wildcard spot in the eastern conference. This set them up for a matchup with long-time rivals, the Washington Capitals and NHL scoring champion Alexander Ovechkin. The game tonight will be at 7pm at Capital One Arena in Washington, DC, and you can watch it on USA or FS Carolina. The Canes have a tough matchup ahead of them, but in a 7 game series, anything is possible. The team will lean on their young star Sebastian Aho to continue his scoring prowess in the playoffs as he lead the team with 83 points in the regular season. Tune in tonight to see the team back in postseason action.

Robbie Cicciari, Co Editor-in-Chief

Hi, I'm Robbie Cicciari, and I am a third year member of the newspaper staff! I'm 17 years old and a senior here at Millbrook. I write sports articles...