Come out to support the dance department!

Throwback+to+last+year%E2%80%99s+spring+concert+where+the+dancers+performed+YONCE.+Come+on+Friday+or+Saturday+to+see+the+new+hip-hop+production+and+other+dances+you+are+sure+to+love%21+

Throwback to last year’s spring concert where the dancers performed YONCE. Come on Friday or Saturday to see the new hip-hop production and other dances you are sure to love!

G. Copeland

G. Copeland

G. Copeland

Jenna Griffin, Staff Reporter

As the end of the school year wraps up, the Millbrook Dance Department, run by Ms. Hallie Hoy, always puts on an annual spring concert to celebrate and showcase everything they have been working on all year. In the past, many shows have sold out, and with everything the dance department has achieved so far this school year, there is no doubt this show will be a success! If you have friends involved, or just want to support the arts community, come to the dance concert on May 3 at 6:30 and May 4 at 2:00! You will not want to miss it.

The six dance classes, as well as the Dance Team and NHSDA, partnered with the Elite Wildcats, have been tirelessly rehearsing all semester to put on the best show possible. With the amount of diversity in the dance community, everyone has brought their own strengths to the table. Through collaboration and hard work, the dance department has put together 25 pieces that are different from anything you have seen at other dance performances. Even other schools have been impressed with how well past shows have turned out, and this concert will not be any different.

Both shows you can attend Friday and Saturday have been organized and choreographed by Ms. Hoy. Some pieces to look forward to include “The Greatest Show” and “Wave.” However, if you ask past audience members and students what their favorite part of the concert was, they will likely say the finale hip-hop production that includes all the dancers in the dance program. There is a new finale theme for every show, and with a mashup of fun songs and outstanding energy, even the audience cannot help but get up and dance! “I always look forward to going to the winter and spring dance concerts because they are very entertaining and fun to watch. I also love seeing all my friends on stage dancing because it makes me happy being able to see them do something they love. Not only are the dances moving, but they pick music that is current to get the crowd going. It definitely creates a fun environment,” said sophomore Madison Ouellette.

If you would like to get a glimpse of what goes on in the dance studio, rally up your friends and come out on May 3 at 6:30 or on May 4 at 2:00 to see a show that is sure to impress! Tickets are five dollars for students and ten dollars for general admission. Be sure to bring plenty of Wildcat spirit and show some love for your friends who have worked so hard this year; you will not regret it!