Getting to know the student council

(Left to right) Arianna Rosario, Alex McCloskey, Alex LaRocca, Brooke Bennett

Emily Ficker, Staff Reporter

Millbrook’s student council plans dances, movie night, works with Executive Board and is a voice for the student body. The presidents of each class are the leaders. They conduct meetings, organize events pertaining to their grade and encourage school spirit. Without the student presidents, Millbrook would be very uneventful.

Senior class president, Brooke Bennett, is a do-er. When she is not running student council, she is involved with FCCLA and women’s chamber, which she has been on since sophomore year. Brooke is also in the process of starting her own club about natural living. Outside of school, Brooke enjoys being a youth leader at her church and doing community service regularly. Her main goal for this school year is to make sure everyone is heard. “My favorite part about being president is knowing I’m making an impact on my peers,” Brooke said.

As for the juniors, Alex LaRocca proudly represents her class. You may recognize her from the Morning Growl, where she is a sports broadcaster. In addition to being president of student council, she is president of Tech Students Association and vice president of photography club. Her motivation to become president stemmed from her school spirit and vision to make Millbrook a school everyone is proud to attend. Alex is determined to reach out to students who do not attend school functions and make them feel more welcome.

Sophomore class president Alex McCloskey is another among the class presidents that is starting a club. He plans to start disk golf club, similar to the sport ultimate frisbee. His main goal for the sophomore class is to give it a good name. He believes that sophomores should get the recognition they deserve for their ideas that help improve the school. Besides being president, he is a reporter for the school’s newspaper, a member of the Digital Media Academy and part of the Men’s Tennis team in the spring.

Last, but not least, is freshman president Arianna Rosario. The main reason Arianna wanted to be president was because this year is her first attending public school and she wanted to get involved while also getting her peers to get involved. She has many service project ideas that she is hopeful to proceed with as the year progresses. Apart from class council, she is on the Varsity volleyball team and does club volleyball at Academy. Arianna is also hopeful to join swim team this Fall.

These presidents cannot do it alone, though. They are accompanied by a vice president, treasurer, secretary and the rest of the student council. Together, they work together to make Millbrook a better place.