Why Did Everyone Forget About “My Babysitter’s a Vampire”?

IMDb.com

Cast members of “My Babysitters a Vampire” pose for a cover photo. The actors are projecting their characters’ personalities.

De'Zaria Lucas, Staff Reporter

Slowly, shows like My Babysitter’s a Vampire are being forgotten. The show was cancelled after two seasons on Disney Channel. It was placed on Netflix a couple years after the original air date of February 28, 2011. 

This show follows five friends: Ethan, Benny, Sarah, Rory and Erica. Benny likes to call them “vampire hunters.” The name of the show comes from the babysitter, Sarah, who is what they call a “fledgling.” This show is mature compared to a lot of other Disney shows, with many suspicions as to why it was cancelled. However, some people do not know that it is a Canadian TV show, and Disney had nothing to do with it besides showing it on their channel. 

Fans of the show watched it on Netflix along with the movie, My BabySitter’s a Vampire. As each episode accelerated the love for the characters and understanding of their bond grew. When asked about the most memorable moment or sequence in the show, freshman Camryn Lockwood says, “The most memorable moment in the show was the blood drive episode. I loved the jokes and how Erica and Rory teamed up.” In season one, episode three, a blood drive is being held at Whitechapel High School, which the characters attended. The blood drive is run by nurses, who happen to be vampires. Meanwhile, Erica and Rory team up to steal blood out of the back of the truck at the blood drive. According to freshman Camryn Lockwood and junior Lily Kindsvatter, the episode was pretty memorable. Junior Lilly Kindsvatter says, “The most memorable episode I have seen is the zombie episode by far.” In season one, episode eleven, titled “The Brewed”is  about adults drinking contaminated coffee which turns them into zombies; Ethan and Benny try their best to survive. 

When asked how he felt about the show, junior Jacob Acosta says, “‘My Babysitters is a Vampire’ is an amazing vampire story that puts any other vampire story in the dust.” Each fan feels very passionate about the show and wonders why it ended so soon, right when it was becoming so popular.