Women’s Golf

Women%E2%80%99s+Golf

Carter Ramey, Section Editor

Monday and Tuesday are the state championship for the Lady Wildcat Golf Team. They have had great success to get to this point, winning all but one of their matches and winning a conference championship. Regionals was the next step for this team, and last week, they got third out of 14 teams. This clinched a spot for them in the state championship. This will be the first time in almost 20 years that they have qualified, so, the team will be traveling to Pinehurst, North Carolina to play some of the best competition they have faced all year. Since mid-August, they have put in a lot of hard work on the golf course and the driving range, getting better and better each practice. 

The hard work is paying off for this team and can be attributed to Coach Reynolds; it is his second year coaching this team after taking it over from Coach East, who coached for many years but was promoted to Athletic Director in recent years. Coach Reynolds wants his team to just put forth the best effort and let the results come. He is very impressed with how this team has been able to continue to play strong through adversity. “Going undefeated until the last conference match, which we lost, was hard, but the team took it and used it as fuel as they went on to the conference championship and regionals,” Reynolds said, showing how truly proud he is of his team and their successes through the entire season. Another key part of winning is having great team chemistry, and this team has it. Senior Olivia Ballard says her favorite part about this team is “the girls, we just have a lot of fun.” This just shows how hard work and being good teammates are very important to a successful team, and this is proven by this team making it all the way to states. While most will not be able to make the drive to Pinehurst to cheer on these Lady Wildcats, still students want to wish this team the best luck these next two days.