Millbrook High School’s Bartney Crowned Teacher of the Year!

Mrs. Bartney happily accepts the title of Millbrook’s 2021 Teacher of the Year. Principal Mrs. Dana King awards Mrs. Bartney with balloons, flowers and special tiara for winning the title of Teacher of the Year.

M. Kent

Meghan Kent, Staff Reporter

This morning, November 10th, administrators gathered to surprise Millbrook’s 2021 teacher of the year, Mrs. Kierston Bartney. Mrs. Bartney has been teaching for twenty-three years with nine years at Millbrook. Mrs. Bartney teaches Forensic Science as well as academic, honors, AP and IB Chemistry. She is the advisor of National Achievers Society and leads the Tutor Cats, a tutor service provided by the National Achievers Society. Mrs. Bartney takes on leadership roles in Millbrook like the  mentor coordinator, beginning teacher mentor, newcomers camp coordinator, SAT Weekend School Based Coordinator and administrative Intern for the 2021-22 school year. Principal Mrs. King says “She takes on any challenges that are offered.” 

Mrs. Bartney wants to create a creative learning environment where all students have a safe space to be educated, nurtured, seen and heard. She strives to provide additional support to her students and their families in order to impact her students’ lives. Senior, Abby Baker- Sample says, “Mrs. Bartney is always here to help whenever I need it.” 

After being named Teacher of the Year Mrs. Bartney said, “ I am at a loss for words and honored to be nominated by my co-workers. I want to continue to work to make Millbrook a better place.”