Style File: Black Friday Deals and Steals

shopcrabtree.com

If the day after Thanksgiving calls for shopping, Black Friday is perfect. There is no better feeling than getting a good deal or finally getting something you have always wanted.

Berkeley Sumner, Section Editor

Everyone knows that the best shopping day of the year is Black Friday, with cyber monday in close second. It is not uncommon for Black Friday deals to last up to a week though. Often, the sales begin online earlier in the week and continue through Cyber Monday. This can cause common sizes to go fast, so shoppers have to tune into the sales as early as possible.

This year, Millbrook students repeatedly tell Cat Talk that PacSun had the best sales. Sophomore Bennett Lee explains that when he “went to PacSun they had great sales” and that he “bought a lavender sweatshirt.” Junior Roman Jankowsky also shopped at PacSun this Black Friday and says that he “spent almost $350” at his favorite stores. PacSun offered popular sales like buy one get one free or buy one get one 50% off, but they also offered $19 jeans and $8 graphic tees on cyber monday.

As for the business of Black Friday, this year was significantly busier than in the past. Jankowsky explains that he thought the reason for this shift was “because stores are open for in-person shopping now, and last year, they were not.” Junior Hannah Frederick went Black Friday shopping at Triangle Town Center mall and was shocked by “how crowded it was” when it “is usually dead.” On top of the bustle of Triangle and Crabtree, South Point had a dangerous event. Junior Joseph Antoun told Cat Talk that “when [he] was on the way to South Point with [his] friends, [they] got texts saying there was a shooting.” Joseph explained that he was “relieved” that he was not involved. It was later discovered that the shooting stemmed from an attempted robbery, but three people ended up shot, one being a ten-year-old boy.

Black Friday is a day that people look forward to all year and for good reason. The best time to buy is when the prices are low, but on this Black Friday, it was more difficult than usual. Sales are great until they are all out of a specific size or color, but do not let that be a deal breaker. Exchanging for a different size after Black Friday shortages end can leave you with the best items at the best prices. And if all else fails, Cyber Monday has your back!