Every athlete’s music necessities

Evan Moesta

Pumped up from their pre-game music, the Wildcat basketball team is ready for their game. Listening to the correct music is key to having the correct mindset for a sporting event.

Evan Houze, Staff Reporter

You are riding on the bus to your away game, or you are sitting in the stands of your home gym. You need to get in the mood to give it your all this game, but your music makes you want to relax; it doesn’t get you hype. All athletes need a playlist to get the adrenaline up for their events and to show out for their friends and family. However, unless you are a SoundCloud stalker or you get way too many iTunes gift cards for your birthday, your music is probably subpar. If you have the Spinrilla app, you already have the advantage of having almost every great rap song ever written at your fingertips.

First, you need to get a reliable app for your music, like those above. Now that that is off of your checklist, you need to start downloading some songs. Some classics are  “Trophies” by Drake, “Power” by Kanye West, “Kobe Bryant” by Lil Wayne, and “Right Above It” by Lil Wayne featuring Drake. Sophomore guard for Millbrook basketball , Daniel Harrison, said, “The song that’s always on my pregame playlist? ‘Till I Collapse’ by Eminem.” Daniel’s choice is great, at least he has not forgotten of the legend of Marshall Mathers. Now if you are still into Eminem, go ahead and get “Lose Yourself,” “Sing for the Moment,” and “Forever.” If you are  bored of these classics, “Go Hard or Go Home pt. 2”  by Wiz Khalifa featuring Trey Songz, French Montana, and Ty Dolla $ign is a great new song. If you are in to Young Thug, “Slime Season,”  his new mixtape, will probably get you hype listening to every song. If you are not a diehard fan of his, go ahead and get “Best Friend,” “Rarri,” “Stunna,” and “Quarterback,” each containing enough bass and memorable lyrics to fall in love with. Getting a little mainstream, Future will not be forgotten about. If you have not heard his newest collaboration with Drake, “What a Time to be Alive,” go ahead and listen to the whole tape. Aside from that album, some recommended songs by him are “Just Like Bruddas,” “No Basic,” “Jump Out the Face,” “Lay Up,” “Never Gon Lose,” and “March Madness.”

Each of those songs perfectly represents the lyrical evolution he has gone through since he first came into the rap game. The year of 2015 truly did belong to Future in the hip hop industry. Sophomore running back, Chris Twitty, said, “All I listen to before our games to get pumped up is Drake. He is the GOAT.”  Hopefully your pregame playlist has been filled with ear nectar and your adrenaline will be pumped after every verse of these great songs. If you listen to music before your games, picking songs that put you in the appropriate, focused, mood is extremely important and a must-do for every athlete.