Universities and Organizations Visit Millbrook

The event was a full house with eleven sponsors. Well-known universities like Nc State cater to students.

J. Delp

De'Zaria Lucas, Staff Reporter

The small gym at Millbrook High School was filled with vendors from different universities and organizations, helping students prepare for their future. The goal for the career fair is to present students with ideas and help them understand what comes next.  

Mr. Steele, the Foods and Nutrition l and ll teacher, and his students prepared food for the vendors and teachers of  the classes that attended the event. The students had a chance to make and organize their own dish, with the help of Mr. Steele and Mrs. Frasier, Millbrook’s event coordinator. Talking with the students who prepared the food, they were proud of their success; senior Samantha Gunther says, “I made these egg quiches and they turned out better than what I expected.”  

Being at the expo was a real eye-opener for students. speaking with senior Seamus Finergthy, he says, “The expo was very inspiring, I actually was able to learn more about my dream university.” The small gym was filled with rotations of different CTE classes. Senior Aryeh Josephson says, “There is a good variety of choices and a great selection of universities, this event gave me more options for my future.” 

Each CTE representative was excited to help students learn; they gave out information and resources regarding their programs and answered any questions. While walking around and talking to a few employers and universities, Cat Talk was able to find one common factor amongst vendors: they all said that it is never too early to start preparing for the future.

As sophomore Jazmin Felton stood at the 4H table, she said, “This has helped me see what I will be able to experience when I go to college and what I will have to do to be in the career field that I want.”Some unique vendors that were at the career fair included Wake-Tech’s nursing program and A&T, which is a HBCU ( Historically Black College or University), and Chick-fil-a, which is offering job opportunities and scholarships. In all, there were forty-three vendors that advertised and catered to students.