Wildcat’s Water Well

Sporting the “Love Struck” collection, these socks are a great gift for Valentines day. Be sure to grab a pair or two this upcoming week

Sporting the “Love Struck” collection, these socks are a great gift for Valentine’s day. Be sure to grab a pair or two this upcoming week

Caroline Garcia, Staff Reporter

Every 20 seconds a child dies from lack of access to clean water. In several countries across the world, families suffer from lack of clean water, which is detrimental to children and their families. Clean water is a basic human need but, tragically, is not being fulfilled for everyone. Water is utilized not just for drinking, but also for showering, food production, recreation and much more. Clean water can also prevent the risk of waterborne illnesses. Girls and women in Rwanda often have to walk miles just to fetch water for their families, which limits their ability to have a quality education. Millbrook has partnered with We Help Two to raise money that will provide clean water to families across Rwanda. We Help Two collaborates with the Water for Africa program to provide water for schools, individuals, and other water projects throughout Africa. 

Through We Help Two, Millbrook will be selling a variety of amazing funky socks that will appeal to the masses. Perfect for many occasions, these socks come in multiple sizes, colors, and patterns. With a contribution of twelve dollars, one receives three pairs of funky socks, with cohesive, but different designs. The We Help Two website has over 15 pairs of unique socks that can appeal to the taste or preferences of students and parents alike. Proceeds of all pairs of socks will go toward the fundraiser, ultimately providing clean water for families that need it. 

The fundraiser will continue until February 18th, and socks are being sold online as well as at school during lunch periods. To purchase online, head to bit.ly/Socks4water to see the full selection. For those planning to purchase at school, please bring cash to purchase the funky socks next week during lunch. These socks are eccentric, funky, and go toward a good cause. Please snag our snazzy socks!