Campus Clubs- Photography Club

A. McCloskey

iPhones in hands, sophomores Danny Andrussier and Connor Washington find creative ways to capture photographs of their surroundings. In the Photography Club, you learn many different ways to take professional looking photographs.

Alex McCloskey, Staff Reporter

The Photography Club is one of the many great assets Millbrook has to offer. Club members meet in Ms. Johnston’s room, 1408, the first Wednesday of every month. Meetings last for about one hour. Almost immediately they are off to take pictures that they can look at and discuss with other members of the club. Interactive activities, such as a scavenger hunt, are common events at meetings. Members also get to meet up with their friends in the club as well. There are smiling faces all around the room in the Photography Club from beginning to end.

A sophomore member of the club, Danny Andrussier, states, “Photography Club is amazing, and we observe pictures that we take, as well as pictures taken by others.” Members enjoy the club environment more with more people participating around them. Ms. Johnston says, “I think that it definitely has grown significantly since last year, and members have been more and more involved.” She also mentioned that juniors Thomas Armstrong and Alex LaRocca have led and guided the Photography Club very well this year. As the president of the Photography Club, Thomas Armstrong states, “We have monthly events that we do, such as visiting the North Carolina museum of art.”

Members are very talented with their photography skills, and they love to find new ways to improve their skills. The club is filled with students of a variety of ages as well as a variety of skills with photography. The club is also mostly student driven which really gets every member a lot closer to one another. There are roughly eighty people currently in the club. The club is ever expanding and holds the title of being one of the largest clubs at Millbrook.

If you enjoy taking pictures at all, then the Photography Club is definitely the club for you. You do not need a super nice camera to participate at meetings; your phone is fine to use! You also get to meet new people and learn to become a better photographer. This after school activity has an amazing group of students, and it is an all-around great thing to be a part of for anyone no matter what age.