Millbrook Dramagicals Winter Production: Creekino County!

Millbrook Drama Department

Some of Millbrook’s talented actors and actresses from the Dramagricals! Catch some of these familiar faces on January 13!

Emerson Conigliaro

All Wildcats should know when the fall play or spring musical is coming up, but what about the class play? Millbrook’s theater department is working year-round to provide our school with quality entertainment. On January 13, come out to support your Dramadricals in their new production, “Creekino County.”

The students first established the idea of “Creekino County” at the end of the 2021-2022 school year, but the development of the script started in September of 2022. The story is about the mayor of a town who suddenly disappears, and the citizens of the town begin to suspect that he was abducted by aliens from outer space. When Cat Talk asked drama teacher and theater director Mr. Kotzian (Mr. K) to explain some elements of this production, he said, “The show is an original production written by the Proficient/Advanced Theatre Students. The production is very playful and full of melodramatic characters.” He reports that the show will also consist of original songs and music as well.

Mr. K was asked how involved he was in the process of creating this production. He shared with the Cat Talk, “As a teacher, I merely tried to act only as a guide and let the students have the freedom to create the production as they wanted, letting them develop the storyline and even direct many of the scenes. I assisted with editing the script, so it wouldn’t be too long, and with more complicated scene transitions.” Because the students were given creative freedom to make the show exactly how they liked, Cat Talk interviewed one student in particular who was involved in the process the whole time, junior Keira Brock.

Brock was asked to explain what the audience should expect from the production, to which she replied, “Individuals who are to come see the show are in for a comedic, melodramatic, and at times, heartfelt story of a small town populated by people who have large, irregular personalities. They can expect lots of laughter!” Brock says she would like for all students, faculty, and parents who come to see Creekino County to know how hard she and her peers have worked on producing quality entertainment, and that they, “…worked very hard on this show from writing it out of our own brains to portraying it on stage.”

With this in mind, be sure to come see the Dramadricals on Friday, January 13 at 7 pm. You won’t want to miss it!