What’s The Deal With Cliffhangers?
Teachers Are Struggling, There Needs To Be Change
The Triangle’s Spring Flowers are in Bloom
Unravel the Pages: “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe”
Marine Ecology Classes Explore the Waters

April 25, 2024

Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

April 25, 2024

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

April 23, 2024

Get Ready for Homecoming Week!

S.Burr Reynolds
It’s homecoming week! Here are the hallways of Millbrook that MEB has decorated to get students ready for spirit week.

Students get ready because this week is homecoming week! There’s the big game, pep rally, homecoming dance and our exciting spirit week all to look forward to. This is the first spirit week of the year and Millbrook’s Executive Board (MEB) has something special for it. Monday is pajama day, Tuesday is twin day, Wednesday is dress to impress, Thursday is Barbie day, and finally Friday is “turf wars” where each grade level wears a specific color.  Freshmen should wear gray, sophomores should wear light blue, juniors should wear navy blue, and seniors should wear white. Seniors can also get Millbrook crowns from their English teachers, which they are free to decorate and wear on Friday. 

To stay in the spirit for homecoming, Millbrook is having a pep rally for students on Friday. Seniors and juniors will attend during their second period and freshmen and sophomores with attend during their fourth period. This is to get students hyped up and excited for the big football game. The dance team and cheer are two of the many Millbrook organizations performing at the pep rally. There are also going to be some crazy things happening to some of the teachers as well so get excited! You can go to this google form to vote which teacher-duo should kiss Millbrook’s goat Petunia, and which should be pied in the face!

Following our spirit week and pep rally, at the end of the week, there is the big homecoming dance. The theme for the dance is “Under the Sea.” The dance will follow the football game that’s happening Friday September 22. The theme for the football game is ‘Millbrook Out,’ so students can wear whatever white and blue Millbrook gear they have. Since the dance is after the game, students should go to the dance in their ‘Millbrook Out’ outfit. Students can purchase tickets on GoFan which are currently  selling for $8. 

Talking about the big game, it is a place where the crowd really gets wild and most excitingly the homecoming court is announced. The past week students had a chance to nominate their fellow classmates for a chance to be on the homecoming court. At the football game the court is finally announced and students get crowned Mr. and Ms. Millbrook. Vote here at this link for who you want on the court! 

Homecoming week is an amazing week to show some school spirit. Have fun Wildcats!