National Honors Society 2024 Induction ceremony
Morgan Wallen Arrested on Felony Charge

Spectacular Student: Natalie Gonzalez

Natalie Gonzalez is an amazing leader throughout Millbrook. She has made an impact on students and staff throughout school.

The Millbrook Executive Board is the upperclassmen student government at Millbrook. The group helps organize school events, such as pep rallies and dances, and they collaborate with staff and students. Applications for the group limit the students in it, but that doesn’t limit the talent within. Senior Natalie Gonzalez is one of the leaders within MEB, and she shows what it means to be a Wildcat.  

Gonzalez is the yearbook’s Chief Editor, MEB student body Vice President, Millbrook Ambassador, NHS Historian, English Honor Society President, and is a member in multiple other honor societies. On top of school activities, Gonzalez is a part of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. When asked how she handles all of these activities, she said, “It’s just big about avoiding procrastination, and staying on top of your stuff.” 

Her favorite after school activity is yearbook. Gonzalez said, “I have been doing it since my sophomore year, and I just love the journalism aspect of it. Designing the whole yearbook is so surreal. I also have been wanting to be editor since I joined, and I got that position this year.” 

When beginning her junior year, Gonzalez chose to enroll in the IB Diploma Program. “I didn’t know much about IB before going into it, but a lot of my friends were doing it. I wanted the community aspect of it,” Gonzalez said. Looking back on when she first joined, Gonzalez describes what she has learned, and how it has made her a better student. “I think IB will definitely stand out on a college application because of the different types of essays and projects we do. Collaboration, communication and time management are all skills I’ve learned that will help me in my future,” she said. 

Gonzalez’s workload can be intense, but she has ways to help with the workload and stress. “I really rely on my community, so my friends and I hold each other accountable with work. We will go to a coffee shop or restaurant and just get the work done that we need to,” she said. Senior Lauren Hollis is in classes with Gonzalez, and sees the hard work she puts in. “Natalie is a great person. She does well in school and will offer help to anyone that needs it. She’s nice to everyone she meets, and shows leadership throughout her daily life,” Hollis said. 

Another activity Gonzalez really enjoys is her role as Vice President of MEB. “I’ve always been someone that loved student government. When some of my friends were trying out for sports freshman year, I stuck with something I knew I loved. I always enjoy setting up for dances like Homecoming and Winter Bash, and when we get to collaborate with the younger class councils, it is so much fun,” Gonzalez said. 

The MEB student advisor, Ms. Haddock describes Gonzalez as fun and energetic. “She is a go-getter. When you ask her to complete a task it is done correctly in a timely manner. She is also always willing to help finish a task, even if it wasn’t assigned to her,” Ms. Haddock said. She continues with, “Natalie is a good communicator, balanced, caring, and an excellent thinker. She is super passionate about Millbrook and is a terrific student.” 

Natalie Gonzalez has made an impression on many students, staff and members in the Millbrook community. Her final thought was, “I would tell an underclassman or rising freshman to not be afraid to try new things that you aren’t necessarily good at because you never know who you’ll meet, or what will happen.”