Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

Millbrook Volleyball’s Inaugural Community Day!

The+2023+Millbrook+volleyball+team+standing+together+as+they+prepare+for+a+good+season%21+
The 2023 Millbrook volleyball team standing together as they prepare for a good season!

In the 2023 season, Millbrook’s defending volleyball State Champions reloaded their roster with players coming in from a variety of schools around Wake County. New editions to the team include Caroline Buffum, Emery Miklosko, Ava White, Faith Godette, Brilyn Bourquin and Isabel Davidian.
So far this season the team has been doing very well, with a record of 14-4 overall and 7-0 in conference. They have improved a lot over the past few years and all the student athletes are great role models for their peers and even younger children within the community. The team has organized an inaugural “Community Day” event where players from surrounding middle schools will attend.
Millbrook is working hard to grow and expand the sport to its younger audiences starting with players from surrounding middle schools. Having hard working student athletes is something that Millbrook has always been known for. Junior Glen Moffat said “The volleyball team seems to be doing very well.” With the past year’s team who won the 4A state championship, the bar is set very high!
The Community Day game being held against Heritage will be a great way for the players this year to be leaders to the younger players and inspire them to continue to work hard. “Helping the middle schoolers will impact them positively by showing them where hard work and dedication can get you. And hopefully push them to get better and achieve their goals and dreams,” says Varsity Junior Harper Nelson.
The game will start at 6 P.M, Thursday, October 5 at Millbrook. During this game they are also supporting Haven House Services, a non-profit organization that runs a variety of programs that help more than 1,200 youths each year who are homeless, in crisis, or facing significant life challenges.
At the game there will be games and prizes, along with a special performance from Millbrook’s Dance Team! At the end of the game the players are going to be signing autographs and this will definitely be a fun experience for all attending. If you’re free, you should try and make it to support our Lady Wildcats!