Pro-Palestinians Use College Encampment To Protest
National Honors Society 2024 Induction ceremony
Morgan Wallen Arrested on Felony Charge
What’s The Deal With Cliffhangers?
Teachers Are Struggling, There Needs To Be Change
The Triangle’s Spring Flowers are in Bloom

April 25, 2024

Unravel the Pages: “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe”

April 25, 2024

April 25, 2024

Millbrook’s Upcoming Fall Play, “Frankenstein” Promises to be a Good Time

Photo by Haley DiFruscio
The cast and technical crew are hard at work making this year’s fall play a masterpiece. They still have a couple weeks before Frankenstein starts showing from November 16th to 18th.

It’s that time of year again: the temperature is finally cooling off, the leaves are starting to brown, and the Millbrook Theater Department is gearing up for the fall play. This year’s selection is “Frankenstein,” a familiar story to most of us. 

A mad scientist dabbles with the laws of nature when he creates a monster and must pay the price for his mistake. Mrs. Delgado, Millbrook’s AP Literature teacher, gives some insight into the original text by saying, “The story has a lot of tension that students miss when they read. I think that as a play, that tension will be really important.” The story is sure not to disappoint.

The cast and crew are excited about the production as well, with the script and production presenting some fun challenges. Kael Alley, a sophomore in the cast says, “Everyone should see it ‘cause we have a good cast of people in the play this year…I have a good feeling about it.” Kael’s character is Percy Shelley, the fiance of Mary Shelley who wrote the book, “Frankenstein,” and he will be part of the group of narrators.

Millbrook has historically done spookier plays for the autumn season, but Frankenstein has some unique aspects for the technical crew to consider. As well as creating a haunting atmosphere, there are scenes with lightning and outlandish science they must create with lights, sounds, and sets. They are confident in their work so far, and excited to see everything come together. Frankenstein will have three shows on November 16, 17, and 18. Come show your support for the theater department and enjoy a delightfully scary spectacle!