National Honors Society 2024 Induction ceremony
Morgan Wallen Arrested on Felony Charge

Bob Marley: One Love

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387467/
BOB MARLEY: ONE LOVE movie poster representing the colors of the Jamaican flag and a silhouette of Bob Marley.

On February 14, 2023, Paramount Pictures is said to release a biographical drama musical film based on Bob Marley’s life. The movie will cover Bob Marley’s life including a December 1976 attack on the life of him, Rita Marley, and the Wailers at Bob’s home and studio. 

What sets this film apart from other biographical films, is the commitment to authenticity. It was filmed in England and Jamaica, including significant locations such as Trench Town and Bull Bay in Kingston, where Bob lived and shaped his art. The cast and crew, which includes Jamaican actors, capture the essence of the legend’s spirit. 

For this difficult role an experienced actor Kingsley Ben-Adir, who has played in multiple movies such as “Marvel’s Secret Invasion” and “One Night in Miami”, will take on the challenging role of Bob Marley. 

According to director Reinaldo Marcus Green, “BOB MARLEY: ONE LOVE celebrates the life and music of an icon who inspired generations through his message of love and unity. On the big screen for the first time, discover Bob’s powerful story of overcoming adversity and the journey behind his revolutionary music. Kingsley Ben-Adir portrays reggae superstar and counterculture icon Bob Marley in the first trailer for the forthcoming biopic Bob Marley: One Love.” 

Bob Marley’s life will go down in history as one of the most influential people in the world. Bob Marley’s life achievements include serving as a world ambassador for reggae music, earning induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994, and selling more than 20 million records. He was the first international superstar to emerge from the so-called Third World.

Even years after his passing, Marley’s music remains widely successful. His musical legacy has also continued through his family and longtime bandmates. Rita continues to perform with the I-Threes, the Wailers, and some of the Marley children. Don’t forget to stream BOB MARLEY: ONE LOVE on February 14, 2023, on Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video.