What’s The Deal With Cliffhangers?
Teachers Are Struggling, There Needs To Be Change
The Triangle’s Spring Flowers are in Bloom
Unravel the Pages: “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe”
Marine Ecology Classes Explore the Waters

April 25, 2024

Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

April 25, 2024

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

April 23, 2024

TV Guide: Sports Take Over the Screen For the Fall Season

The+NFL+is+one+of+the+most+watched+channels+during+the+fall+season.+Games+are+played+every+week+so+go+check+it+out%21+
flickr.com
The NFL is one of the most watched channels during the fall season. Games are played every week so go check it out!

It’s that time of year again where you’re flipping through what to watch on tv and all there is is sports. With the cooler weather and fall season, it’s one of the biggest times to watch sports. College football, hockey, baseball and professional football are all what people are watching this fall season. 

In the months of September, October, and November the screen is packed with college and pro football. Football has always been one of the most popular sports to watch. Getting dressed up in your favorite team’s spirit wear and cheering them on is what millions of people like to do on a Saturday night. Fans go through the week looking forward to the weekend where they get to see their favorite college team play. Most of the pro football teams play during the week which also gets people excited. 

The NFL is the most watched live event streaming on TV each year. ESPN, Fox Sports and the NFL Network are all reported to be among the most watched channels on tv. Especially with ESPN and Hulu’s new partner deal, many more people are watching sports. 

Another reason football is so popular to watch because of all the games and fantasy leagues people are participating in. Mr. Erle, a Millbrook chemistry teacher, is a huge Miami Dolphins fan. He loves football for the games, too. When asked why he likes football he said, “I am invested in every game due to fantasy football leagues, daily fantasy, survivor leagues and pick ’em leagues. So much competition!” The most popular game, Fantasy Football, is a game where people make their own team to compete against other people to see who’s team is the best. It takes a lot of knowledge of the game and players to put a good team together. 

Though not as popular as football, baseball and hockey are two other sports that play in the fall. The MLB playoffs begin in October and for a whole month, people watch how the playoffs turn out. 

Hockey is almost up there with football being one of the top sports watched during the fall. Especially in North Carolina, there is a huge amount of hockey fans that love the Carolina Hurricanes. Sophomore Ezra Jones, is a huge Canes fan, and loves to watch the games every time they are on. He says, “It’s a good way to learn more about the sport and get better by watching the pros.” 

The fall season is the perfect time to sit back and watch sports on TV. The next time you flip through the channels, there’s probably a game on that you can watch!