Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

The Food Drive At Millbrook High School

Millbrook Executive Board packing up the food to be delivered to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.

Every year when the leaves start to fall and the temperature starts to drop, the  Millbrook Executive Board (MEB) passes out the food drive boxes that are seen by many in teachers’ rooms throughout the school. 

All of the food that is collected and gathered during the food drive is later donated to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. Not only does the food go to the food bank it also goes to our immediate Millbrook community. 

MEB supervisor and Magnet Coordinator, Ms. Haddock said, “Students bring in the cans and make all the signage for the event. Mr. Brown serves as the coordinator, and he makes sure that the cans get picked up and the students count them and put them in his classroom. We ask that teachers ask their students to bring in those cans.”

Describing her specific role, MEB senior Hannah Paulson said, “My personal experience has been mainly centered around marketing. I helped plan and create the video that was on the Millbrook Events Instagram. I also have donated cans and I helped count them to add to the poster in the lounge across from the cafeteria.”

Now that the food drive has been concluded the winning class was Mr. Grow’s.

Giving back to the community is a goal that Millbrook will always express as one of the most important. A simple way to contribute to something big is simply to bring in any canned food and leave it in the food drive box in a teacher’s room. Every small donation led to the feeding of someone in our community.

View Comments (1)