Mr.Berglund: Teacher of the Year
The 2024-2025 Student Council Officers
Why does college break the bank?
Teacher Tribute: Mamma Yopp
‘How to Date Billy Walsh’ :  A roller coaster of a Rom-Com (Spoilers Ahead)
TikTok Ban

TikTok Ban

May 19, 2024

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

May 15, 2024

Class of 24’ Must do Things in North Carolina Before Leaving For College

May 14, 2024

Best dressed at the Met Gala 2024

Emerson Conigliaro
(From left to right) Baz Luhrmann, Catherine Martin, Gigi Hadid, Nicki Minaj, Barry Keoghan, and Ariana Grande!

The first Monday of May was last night, which means one of the biggest nights in fashion happened! Many celebrities arrived at the red carpet in New York City to show off their stunning outfits, all in support of raising funds for the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This year’s theme for the Met Gala, “Garden of Time,” stems from the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s latest exhibition, “Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion.” The idea is to utilize technology to think of new ways to use garments that are too old and fragile to be worn again. Some celebrities stuck to the theme more than others did, and here are Cat Talk’s favorite outfits from the night!

The first celebrities we will talk about are Hollywood director Baz Luhrmann and his wife, Catherine Martin. The couple’s outfits were both made from a dark emerald material. Martin’s dress is adorned with dandelions along the front of it, and Luhrmann’s suit has flowers embroidered on the suit jacket. Martin’s getup was complete with green glasses and black platform heels. You can see her nail polish is the same red shade as her lipstick, which are details we love! Luhrmann finished off his look with sleek emerald green dress shoes and a brown woven necklace. Well done you two!

Baz Luhrmann (left) and Catherine Martin (right)

Next on our list, Gigi Hadid in Thom Browne. The supermodel wore an off the shoulder white gown, which is layered in ruffles at the bottom of the skirt. The tip of each layer was lined in black fabric, giving the dress some edge. Throughout the layers of fabric are thorny vines with yellow flowers growing on them, with leaves as accents. The best part? The skirt is actually a tuxedo jacket! If you look closely, you can see the buttons on the front of the skirt! To complete the look, Hadid’s hair and makeup was done in an old Hollywood glamour style.

Gigi Hadid in Thom Brown

Moving on, pop sensation Ariana Grande graced the Met Gala red carpet in a captivating dress. The corset was completely made out of mother of pearl, and the skirt was made from iridescent layers of tulle. To complete the getup, Grande donned her iconic ponytail, with feathery accents on her temples to complement her dewy, natural makeup. We are in awe!

Ariana Grande in Casey Curran

Up next, you might’ve caught him in the thriller movie, “Saltburn,” Barry Keoghan. He opted for an olive velvet ensemble from Burberry, consisting of a velvet jacket, waistcoat, and dress pants, all in the same shade. Accompanying this attire was a stylish ruffled silk button-up shirt with a white ascot to match. Completing the look, he chose a classic black wool top hat atop his head and leather Oxford boots on his feet.

Barry Keoghan in Burberry

Lastly, the celebrity that Cat Talk thinks stuck to the theme the best, rapper Nicki Minaj. Minaj’s Met Gala ensemble elevated the theme to a whole new level. Her hourglass-shaped minidress, made from hand-painted golden silk fabric, featured meticulously crafted 3D metal flowers, each adorned with vibrant hand-painted colors. Complementing the look were floral-patterned shoes and exquisite jewelry, transforming her into a high-fashion flower arrangement.

Nicki minaj in Francesco Risso

Overall, the 2024 Met Gala displayed a spectacular range of outfits that showcased the theme, “Garden of Time,” in all sorts of ways! Celebrities and designers stunned audiences with creative interpretations of the theme, making it a celebration of both style and glamour. We can’t wait to see these interpretations next year!