Lights, Camera, Action: Halloween movies

Promoting two Halloween movies, Halloween and Goosebumps 2 are both films that came out this October. These new Halloween movies may be a perfect way for you to get into the spooky spirit this Halloween.

IBDb.com

IBDb.com

IBDb.com

Summer Anderson, Features Editor

Halloween is just around the corner, and watching movies is a great way many people get into the spooky spirit. If you love a good scary movie that will give you nightmares or if you like watching Halloween themed movies to reminisce on your childhood, watching films is a  neat way to spend your Halloween. If you are stuck watching the same movies, or have no idea what to watch, keep reading to determine the perfect new movie for you. Grab your candy because these movies are a perfect way to spend this scary holiday.

In this age of popular movie reboots and remakes, Halloween is another reimagined movie to hit the big screen this year. Directed by David Gordon Green, this sequel to the popular horror franchise also called  Halloween starts as if the last nine films in the franchise did not happen. This movie follows Laurie Strode, a woman from the small town of Haddonfield, forty years after she survived a brutal attack from crazed killer Michael Myers on Halloween night. After being locked up in an insane asylum for years, Myers escapes and returns to Haddonfield to get his revenge on Laurie. With an 84%  score on Rotten Tomatoes, a hub for movie and TV reviews, this thriller will have you leaving a light on when you sleep for weeks. The movie stars Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode and Nick Castle as Michael Myers. If you want to see this scary movie, you can catch it in theatres now. Junior Jonathan Medrano pointed out, “I watch scary movies all the time, but there is something about watching them during Halloween time that makes them even better and extra scary.”

If you are not a fan of horror movies, there are many other not as scary Halloween movies for you to watch. Goosebumps 2 is the sequel to the popular 2015 film Goosebumps, which is based of the notorious book series by R. L. Stine.  The film follows two boys who try to save the town of Wardenclyffe from Slappy, the evil ventriloquist puppet who is brought back to life and is using his powers to unleash an apocalypse on Halloween night. The film stars Jack Black who is reprising his role as the voice of Slappy, along with Madison Iseman, Ken Jeong, and Jeremy Ray Taylor. This film is unique because it follows a new cast with only a few returners from the original movie. If you want to see this family friendly Halloween movie that will make you smile, make sure to catch it in the local theatres.

If you want to watch something on Netflix to celebrate this Halloween, you can stream Ghostbusters, The Conjuring, The Babysitter, and Hush. If you prefer horror or films suitable for the whole family, there is a perfect movie to get you in the Halloween spirit. After watching these movies you will be ready to Trick-or-Treat all night long!

Summer Anderson, Features Editor

Hi, Cat Talk readers. my name is Summer Anderson. I'm a junior at Millbrook High School, and this is my second year on the Cat Talk staff. I have loved...