Millbrook gets spooky in the fall play

+Rehearsing+for+their+debut+performance%2C+junior+Alex+Machalikcy+and+seniors+Riley+Yates%2C+Vinnie+Davies%2C+and+Lily+Gaddis+run+lines+to+prepare+for+the+fall+play.+Blithe+Spirit+is+the+2018+fall+play+that+starts+this+Thursday+and+will+continue+through+Saturday+at+7%3A00+in+the+auditorium.

Millbrook gets spooky in the fall play

Rehearsing for their debut performance, junior Alex Machalikcy and seniors Riley Yates, Vinnie Davies, and Lily Gaddis run lines to prepare for the fall play. Blithe Spirit is the 2018 fall play that starts this Thursday and will continue through Saturday at 7:00 in the auditorium.

J. Medrano

J. Medrano

J. Medrano

Summer Anderson, Features Editor

Blithe Spirit written by Noël Coward is the 2018 fall play opening this week! This play will make its debut performance on Thursday night and will run until Saturday at 7:00 in the auditorium. The story follows writer Charles Condomine and his wife Ruth. One night, Charles invites local eccentric medium, Madame Arcati, to his house to hold a seance for research in his latest book. When they start to believe the seance failed, things get scary when Charles begins to see his deceased first wife, Elvira.

This play is different from Millbrook’s typical productions as they normally consist of large casts. This cast is made up of only seven actors, which has made the show a challenge due to the additional content for each actor. Getting prepared for this show has consisted of numerous rehearsals starting back in early September. Making sure the actors know their lines and having good characterization has been top priority for the rehearsals. The cast includes Meghan Sielaty, Lily Gaddis, Vinnie Davies, Alex Machalicky, Riley Yates, Jada Smith, and Natalie Kincaid. The show is directed by theatre director and teacher Mr. Kotzian.

This is also new technical director Mr. Edwards’ debut show, as he joined the Millbrook Arts Department this year. The techies and Mr. Edwards have been building complex sets and props to contribute to this elaborate show. They have also been working on lighting, sounds, costumes, and makeup to bring the ghosts to life through the use of theatrical special effects.

This show is suitable for the all ages which makes it a perfect performance to see with your family. This production is a drama which also incorporates comedic elements to keep the audience entertained throughout the performance. Prop Chief and techie, junior Crosby Wood pointed out, “I think people should come to the fall play because it is a really funny and spooky show. Also the ghost effects are really cool, and I can’t wait for people to see them!” If you want to see this spooky show, make sure to get your tickets and come out this Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night  to support the theatrical Wildcats and the techies on all of their hardwork and dedication. This show costs five dollars for students and ten dollars for general admission.

Summer Anderson, Features Editor

Hi, Cat Talk readers. my name is Summer Anderson. I'm a junior at Millbrook High School, and this is my second year on the Cat Talk staff. I have loved...