Till death do us part?

The Bachelor and Bachelorette couple updates

flickr.com

Celebrating at a premiere party, couple formed from The Bachelorette, Josh Murray and Andi Dorfman, are captured at an event in 2015. This was the two’s last public appearance together before splitting just days later. However, numerous successful couples have been formed from the Bachelor franchise shows.

Janie Inscore, Staff Reporter

Attention, Bachelor Nation! Have you ever wondered what couples from your favorite shows, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, and Bachelor in Paradise, are still together? With a success rate of thirty five percent on The Bachelorette and just nine percent on The Bachelor, many people discount these shows as solely reality TV. Yet, while the majority of couples do end in breakup, the success stories are encouraging. Continue reading to get an update on all of your favorite couples and their current relationship statuses.

The most recent, and debatably the most controversial couple from The Bachelor, Arie Luyendyk Jr. and Lauren Burnham, are a bit of a different success story. After Arie chose to end his engagement to first choice Becca Kufrin, viewers watched their heart wrenching breakup unfold live. While still engaged to Becca, Arie contacted runner-up Lauren in hopes of earning back her trust and potentially her love. He was successful and proposed to Lauren on the show’s season finale. Lauren said yes, and the two are now living together while awaiting the birth of their child. Although Becca experienced heartbreak with millions watching, she found love on her season of The Bachelorette and is now engaged to winner Garrett Yrigoyen.  

Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay, who made history as the first ever black lead of the show, also found love on her season and remains engaged to first choice Bryan Abasolo. Before Rachel’s historical season, fans may remember Nick Viall making waves in the Bachelor world. As runner up on two seasons of The Bachelorette, Nick was hopeful that a season of his own might give him a chance at finding love. Unfortunately, he and winner Vanessa Grimaldi broke up after about nine months of engagement. Sophomore Rachel Secan stated, “Personally, I think that the show is able to make good couples for TV, but that when faced with problems in the real world, they struggle. After being given perfect dates on The Bachelor, couples aren’t prepared for the challenges they will face while trying to build a life together.”

This was counted as a reason for the recent split between Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth. Former Bachelorette Kaitlyn spent three years engaged to Shawn and was said to be devastated after their recent breakup. The same can be said for Ben Higgins’ split from Lauren Bushnell one year ago. Rachel’s opinion could also be the reason for splits between fan-favorites of spinoff show, Bachelor in Paradise. On the most recent season, couples Astrid Loch and Kevin Wendt, Kendall Long and Joe Amabile, and Krystal Nielson and Chris Randone found love over the course of just seven weeks spent filming. Jenna Cooper and Jordan Kimball, who have made many headlines, broke up recently due to cheating allegations and supposed screenshots of such. Other noteworthy couples who met on the show include Jade and Tanner Tolbert and Carly Waddell and Evan Bass. Both of these couples are married with a child. Lastly, as many avid Bachelor fans will know, Bachelor in Paradise is responsible for the pairing of Ashley Iaconetti and Jared Haibon. This couple was a long time coming, as Ashley is known for the tears she once shed over Jared.

As many fans have wondered, couples JoJo Fletcher and Jordan Rodgers, Sean and Catherine Lowe, and Raven Gates and Adam Gottschalk, among others, are still going strong. Proven by the many pairs above, it is possible to find love on the Bachelor franchise shows. Fans can hope for the same outcome beginning January 7, when Colton Underwood begins his journey on season twenty three of The Bachelor.