The ultimate Christmas chaos checklist

Glowing+brightly%2C+lights+and+decorations+in+a+Berlin+mall+make+it+clear+that+shoppers+are+in+the+Christmas+spirit.+However%2C+the+shopping+center+does+not+appear+crowded%2C+which+often+occurs+in+the+days+leading+up+to+the+25th.+

The ultimate Christmas chaos checklist

Glowing brightly, lights and decorations in a Berlin mall make it clear that shoppers are in the Christmas spirit. However, the shopping center does not appear crowded, which often occurs in the days leading up to the 25th.

Pixabay.com

Pixabay.com

Pixabay.com

Janie Inscore, Staff Reporter

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! After a long awaited holiday season, Christmas is finally here. This magical time is one that people of all ages look forward to with anxious excitement. However, stress often results as many people wait to make all of their preparations at the last minute. So, in order to eliminate the anxiety leading up to December 25, use this article as a guide to prepare beforehand to ensure that all of your holiday responsibilities are fulfilled ahead of time.

For starters, instead of waiting until Christmas Eve to purchase your family member that candle you just know they have wanted all year, buy them something thoughtful. Take time to shop for a gift you know they would truly love. This not only rids of last minute stress, but also the issue of having to stick to a strict budget. Shopping while stressed and on a time constraint leads to clouded judgement and rushed decisions, ultimately resulting in gift-giving that may be less than desirable.

A second key tip to not only surviving, but thriving, at your family’s annual Christmas dinner is to ask your mom to bake your favorite dessert in advance. Whether it be pumpkin pie, sugar cookies, chocolate truffles, or peppermint bark, each family has a dessert that they look forward to enjoying year after year. Presenting a dessert idea to your mom before the craziness of the holiday season begins allows her to prepare accordingly, and you to enjoy your favorite baked good. As a bonus, your relatives will also be thankful for your timely suggestion.

One final thing, and perhaps the most important; is to create a playlist filled with all of the Christmas classics that everyone knows and loves. Spending time with family and friends is extremely important during the season of giving, and without joining those closest to you in singing along to some holiday favorites, it simply is not the same. As stated by Millbrook athletic director and FCA advisor Coach McInnes, “My favorite thing about Christmas is the music and getting to see my kids so excited.” Coach McInnes must be a believer in letting your loved ones know that you hope they have “A Holly Jolly Christmas” and that “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.” So, finish your playlists early, get your shopping done on time, and do not forget to plan out all of your dessert requests. It is Christmas time, everyone!

Janie Inscore, Staff Reporter

Hey Cat Talk reader! I'm so excited you found my page! My name is Janie Inscore, I'm a sophomore at Millbrook, and this is my first year on the newspaper...