Mariah Carey Announces Christmas 2023 Tour

E. Conigliaro
Announcement flier that Carey posted on her social media accounts!

The legendary holiday singer, Mariah Carey, announces her “Merry Christmas One and All” Tour for the upcoming holiday season this year. She announced the tour via her “X” profile on October 2, saying, “Yes, the actual defrosting has begun!”

The tour will start in Highland, Calif. on November 15, stretch through parts of Canada, and conclude in Madison Square Garden in New York City on December 17. Tickets for this month-long tour have already been selling out, since they were released on October 6. It’s obvious fans are excited about seeing the “Queen of Christmas” live.

Cat Talk asked avid Christmas fan and English teacher, Mrs. Carter, some essential tracks she hopes Carey will play while on stage. She answered, “During her Christmas tour, Mariah Carey has to play “All I Want For Christmas Is You,” since this song is such a staple on her Christmas album. It is easily recognizable and one that I think most people associate with her, especially when it comes to the holiday season.” On a more personal level, Mrs. Carter says that she hopes to hear “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home),” as it is one of her favorite Christmas songs in general.

The Cat Talk also interviewed Erin Conigliaro, a Mariah Carey fan since high school and Millbrook parent, who says, “Her first album was my jam for all boy trouble. I would listen and sing every word to ‘I Don’t Wanna Cry’, ‘Love Takes Time’, and ‘Vanishing.’ When I was in a good mood I would mostly listen to ‘Emotions’ and ‘Make it Happen.’ I still listen to Mariah to this day!”

Now, we all know Christmas would not be the same without Carey’s iconic music, so we asked how her music contributed to Mrs. Carter and Mrs. Conigliaro’s enjoyment of the holiday. Mrs. Conigliaro says that her Christmas album, ‘Merry Christmas,’ is on “full repeat” during the holiday season. She says, “It’s a classic that never gets old for me.”

Mrs. Carter replied by saying, “My family’s Christmas traditions have always centered around music. From the time I was little, I can remember listening to her Christmas album while we decorate the house, put ornaments on the tree, and bake cookies on Christmas Eve. Each time I hear any of her Christmas songs, I picture my mom and sister screaming the lyrics with me while we laugh and dance with each other. Since moving away from my family and coming to North Carolina, I have found so much joy in listening to her music around the holidays, making me feel closer to home.”

As you can see, Mariah Carey and the music she makes plays a huge role for her fans during Christmas time, so her tour is sure to be a huge success!