Cats on The Prowl: Mason Fortune and Sydney Spainhour

The Barkley Marathons

The Barkley Marathons

Powder Puff Football Makes its Grand Return

Get+your+tickets+below%21+https%3A%2F%2Fgofan.co%2Fevent%2F1168791%3FschoolId%3DNC1513+
Aidan Spoonhour
Get your tickets below! https://gofan.co/event/1168791?schoolId=NC1513

As the football season progresses and the weather is cooling off, Millbrook’s Powderpuff season is making a long-awaited return. “Powder Puff Football” is a school-wide event where the boys and girls reverse roles – girls play and boys cheer. 

It was last played during the fall of the 2019-2020 school year but was scrapped because of the original COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to bring back the Powder Puff tradition, the senior class officers have been sponsoring and planning the event and have worked tremendously to bring the event back. Powder Puff will make its return on October 25 at 6:30 p.m., home at Wildcat Stadium.

Senior Class President Niobe Chanthaphavong is very excited to reintroduce this event to Millbrook as she and her fellow officers have been working very hard to start up the age-old tradition again. 

“We have been working hard to bring back a Millbrook tradition, and we are very excited for everyone to enjoy the event. All proceeds go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. I’m happy to dedicate this event to National Breast Cancer Awareness month and making sure everyone involved has a great time,” she said.

For Millbrook’s students, this will be a brand new experience. It is a flag football 7v7 tournament style event. Most of the rules of regular football play out the same with some variations. Freshman play seniors,  sophomores play juniors, and winners of those two games play each other. 

According to Millbrook alumni, Aubrey McKay who played on the senior team in 2019, “the seniors have a long history of winning.” 

Current Millbrook senior and wide receiver for the senior team Mauri Anderson is very confident they are going to run away with the victory. 

“I know seniors are going to win, we are better, we do better. I just know we are going to win,” Anderson said. 

With this confidence, the seniors are looking to make a statement against the underclassmen f and reign victorious in the championship game, and continue the tradition. Make sure to join your fellow Wildcat fans, students, and staff attend Powder Puff on Wednesday, October 25 at 6:30 p.m. 

Tickets can be ordered on GoFan for $5 dollars (see caption).