Mr.Berglund: Teacher of the Year
The 2024-2025 Student Council Officers
Why does college break the bank?
Teacher Tribute: Mamma Yopp
‘How to Date Billy Walsh’ :  A roller coaster of a Rom-Com (Spoilers Ahead)
TikTok Ban

TikTok Ban

May 19, 2024

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

May 15, 2024

Class of 24’ Must do Things in North Carolina Before Leaving For College

May 14, 2024

Campus Clubs: Crochet Club

The+brand-new+crochet+club+showcases+talented+crocheters+and+provides+a+wonderful+learning+environment+for+those+who+are+beginners+in+the+art.+
Anéssa Myers
The brand-new crochet club showcases talented crocheters and provides a wonderful learning environment for those who are beginners in the art.

Around Millbrook’s campus, you may have seen the bright purple posters plastered on the walls. Those posters are advertising the new Crochet Club. 

Crochet Club was founded by sophomore Leah Rodriguez-Romero who took the President title. Sophomore Grey Hall serves as the Vice President and Anéssa Myers, another sophomore, as the Social Media Liaison. For almost a week before the initial meeting, announcements spread the word about the new club. The first official meeting was held on March 1. 

The Crochet Club is intended to be a safe space for anyone who joins. The minute you enter room 1410 (Mr. Davis’s room, who serves as club advisor) you are greeted with a warm welcome and a wonderful smile. The club is a fantastic way to meet people with similar interests and grow upon that. Founder Leah Rodriguez-Romero said, “ From the beginning, I wanted the club to be a place where people can meet other crocheters and make new friends, a place where freshmen like me could’ve made some friends! I also wanted it to be a place where people can learn a new skill in a safe and fun environment.”

Club meetings begin with a snack option, usually cookies or juice. Once everyone gets settled into their seats, the officers introduce the crochet stitch of the day. The stitches can feature anything from a single, to double crochet. These stitches don’t come easily to everyone in the club and that is where the club officers come into play. They go around and provide assistance to anyone who struggles. Crochet Club welcomes those of all different experience levels. Vice President Grey Hall mentioned this and said, “Anyone can go to the crochet club meetings, even if they haven’t been to one yet this year! We also do a small segment where you can show off anything you’ve made!” 

When a regular meeting nears the end, everyone in the room is given the opportunity to share something that they are making or have recently made. Many people find this to be a great way to grow in their relationships with each other and to grow as crocheters. 

Senior Charlotte Sirois described her favorite part of the club as, “Showing my blanket to others and seeing what other people have created!”

Crochet Club is a positive way to end your week on a Friday afternoon. Stop by and learn all about the art of crocheting with the campus experts. Feel free to visit @mhscrochet2324 for any questions or information regarding the club or any upcoming meetings.

View Comments (2)