Mr.Berglund: Teacher of the Year
The 2024-2025 Student Council Officers
Why does college break the bank?
Teacher Tribute: Mamma Yopp
‘How to Date Billy Walsh’ :  A roller coaster of a Rom-Com (Spoilers Ahead)
TikTok Ban

TikTok Ban

May 19, 2024

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

May 15, 2024

Class of 24’ Must do Things in North Carolina Before Leaving For College

May 14, 2024

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

Teacher Tribute: Dr. Carr

Dr. Michele Carr’s final day as a Wildcat was April 19, yet her impact will last far beyond. Dr. Carr has accepted a position as Assistant Principal at Kingswood Elementary School. 

While at Millbrook, she served as the Literacy Coach and the National Honor Society advisor for the past four years, a Freshman Class Council advisor for the past three years, and the Testing Coordinator for the past two years. 

When asked about her biggest influence at Millbrook Dr. Carr responded, “Several people have significantly impacted me during my time at Millbrook. The first would be Lauren Genesky because Lauren was the first to tell me to navigate the English department. She would explain how everything works at Millbrook. The second person would be Kierston Bartney. She has been there to encourage me to take on more leadership responsibilities and to engulf myself in athletics.” 

Senior Nick Ansbacher, the 2023-24 NHS President, remembers Dr. Carr for helping him throughout this year. “Dr. Carr was great, she trusted us to run the club and provided feedback whenever we asked. It was always helpful having her perspective and experience while being president.” 

Dr. Carr had these final remarks on time well spent at Millbrook. She emphasized the importance of growing her leadership and life skills while working at Millbrook. She learned how to challenge herself while becoming more immersed within her community. 

“I want to thank every staff member and administration for their support. Millbrook is an extraordinary place and will always be in my heart. I will continue to support the students by attending sporting events and graduations. To the students, I will miss you. Every day at Millbrook was new and different. I am very thankful that the students embraced me as a teacher, disciplinarian, support person, etc. I love running into students outside of school, hearing about what they are doing, and always offering encouraging words to them. My goal is that every individual knows they are loved through my actions and words,” She remarked.

Thank you for everything you gave to Millbrook and we wish you nothing but the best at Kingswood Elementary!